Monday, November 23, 2009

Cowboys and Warmbloods


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqjj8xHCA3A
Breed: Dutch Warmblood
Date Foaled: MAR 1996
Gender: Mare
Height: 16.1 hh
Color: Bay
Markings: White Blaze,white socks
Temperament: 6
Registered? Yes
Reg. Assn: I SportHorse
Asking Price: $12,000 (US)

I got a terrible case of the giggles when I read the text of this ad:
The poster girl of any stable of quality horses. 16 one, magnificant bay with blaze with socks left front and left hind.Registered International Sporthorse as Edlweiss. Born 96 and owned most of her life by a professional trainer. An outstanding brood mare to her one colt now two year old in Tucson. Loads,clips,stands,and loves to be pampered and brushed. heavy thick mane and tail,just a beautiful animal. Katie is powerfull and a pleasure on the trail.


Translation in my best cowboy accent:
This hear is the nicest lookin' horse and belongs in your DQ stable 'cuz I can't ride the damned thing which is why her temperament is a "6". I don't know a whole lot about her breeding 'cept she's a registered sport horse. The person who owned her before me was a professional who told me she's trained real good. She's a pretty color with some white. I thought I'd tell you all that since I dun have nothing else to say about her and thought you might not notice from the picture. Oh yeah, she's good on the ground 'cuz I spent lots of time in the round pen with her. She's a real life my little pony so one a you english gals needs to come get this hairy princess outta my barn. I really wanted a quiet QH but I ended up with a big mover that ain't real comfy on the trail.

3 comments:

  1. lol, because that's what you pay $12,000 for a DW for...to ride it down the trail and to roundpen, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, followed the link you posted on Free speech forum.. LOVE your blog. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor pig eyed thing. What Dutch breeder would put that thing on the ground except a Dutch swine breeder.

    Nasty thing, probably a paint "breeding stock"

    Super narrow chested and epic fail on the amount of bone.

    Ugh.

    ReplyDelete